Subject: Re: XF86 4.x import scheme suggestion
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-x11
Date: 10/31/2000 14:42:17
On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Bernd Ernesti wrote:

: When will that happen?
:
: Please put 1.5 out of the door and then we can think about xf 4.x.

1.5 will be tagged within the week.  However, discussing the future of xsrc
has zero relevance to 1.5's release date.

Many people are *anxiously* waiting on XF86 4 to be whipped into shape--and
asking people like _me_ (because I am in releng) about its status--so it's
very important to get questions like the following answered before anything
is actually done:

: : NO, we don't touch the old xfree 3.x tree.
: : Importing it under xsrc/xc is out of question.
: :
: : When we import the 4.x one we have to use a different path name for it.
:
: Why not?  Branches are designed to handle this type of situation.  It allows
: for direct diffing of files and the like.  I don't see what a different path
: buys us (other than "doofus factor").

--
-- Todd Vierling (tv@pobox.com)