Subject: Re: XF86 4.x import scheme suggestion
To: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-x11
Date: 10/31/2000 13:52:31
On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Bernd Ernesti wrote:

: NO, we don't touch the old xfree 3.x tree.
: Importing it under xsrc/xc is out of question.
:
: When we import the 4.x one we have to use a different path name for it.

Why not?  Branches are designed to handle this type of situation.  It allows
for direct diffing of files and the like.  I don't see what a different path
buys us (other than "doofus factor").

: Where I think we agreed to think about the xf 4.x plan AFTER we released 1.5,
: which hasn't happend yet.

Although it will be happening very soon, so starting this discussion now is
no problem.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/