Subject: Re: video card support
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js1.jsnet>
List: tech-x11
Date: 10/17/2000 09:49:38
> On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, it was written:
> > Well, I can indeed verify that it compiles nicely. My only
> > problem now is what is the mouse device to use? Nothing
> > that I've tried seems to configure the devices though,
> > like mouse, etc. Along with the fact that the server may
> > not recognize the card still.
>
> Hm, /dev/wsmouse and wsmouse protocol should work. xf86cfg is your
> friend...

Yep, thanks, that worked. I spent a few hours playing with it though
to get there. I had to manually insert the wsmouse lines into the
/etc/X11/XF86Config file, which is moved from the netbsd /etc location.
However, it is very nice to have X back again, now to get my installed
packages back, as I moved the entire directory out of the way during
glitches in installation.

one thing i see is errors reported about:

pckbc: command failed
pms_disable: command error

every time I start X. Is there any way to stop that?

--
Joseph Sarkes		jsarkes@tiac.net