Subject: Re: options VM86 docs
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-x11
Date: 10/12/2000 00:38:57
On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
>  >
>  > ``Include support for virtual 8086 mode, used by DOS emulators and X
>  > servers to run BIOS code, e.g. for some VESA routines.''
>
> sure, that's fine,

OK.

> but we should edit the X server man pages to
> indicate which ones it's necessary for.

OK - Tell me which of the X servers in
xsrc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/*.man files I should add a note in the
SETUP section and I can do it. Anything besides XF86_SVGA?

I'm thinking of something simple like ``This server requires "options
VM86" compiled into the kernel for proper operation.''

What would be useful is to print that clearly on the screen if the
operations that require "options VM86" do fail.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>