Re: old style tail(1) options and bin/57483

On Fri, 30 Jun 2023, Valery Ushakov wrote:

The man page seems to be completely silent about the old style
options.

What exactly are we aiming for here?  Do we want to support postfix
options in something like old style +<n>qF ?

It would be nice to retain `[+-]N' as a shortcut for `-n [+-]N'.
You can ditch every other compat as far as I'm concerned. You
can even remove obsolete() entirely and I wouldn't shed any tears.

-RVP