Re: style: clean up mentions of old-style C

    Date:        Sat, 15 Apr 2023 11:47:08 +0200
    From:        Roland Illig <roland.illig%gmx.de@localhost>

  | >  * Use ANSI function declarations.  ANSI function braces look like
  | >  * old-style (K&R) function braces.

  | I don't know what 'ANSI function braces' are or how they might differ
  | from 'old-style function braces'.

I wondered about that myself some time ago.   The conclusion I came to
was that it was referring to where the '{' is put in a function definition.
Since K&R C had declarations between the ) after the parameters, and the
{ that started the code block, that '{' always went on a line by itself.
So, what I think this is saying, in about the most obscure way possible,
is that the '{' for a function block goes on a line by itself, after
the function name & arg list, rather than say:
	int
	main(int argc, char **argv) {
which is the location that the '{' goes in almost every other instance.

kre