Re: mount(8) enhancement

    Date:        Sat, 1 Apr 2023 12:08:47 -0400 (EDT)
    From:        Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost>

  | I would much prefer to use the existing mechanisms to specify
  | filesystem-specific parameters more generally

I agree.   The proposal looks like an exceedingly ugly way to proceed.

Further, if the objective for having "one of [$%@:&]" is to allow mount(8)
(as distinct from mount_xxx) to guess which "xxx" to use to run mount_xxx
then just NO.   Apart from anything else, why 5 special chars, what happened
to # ^ ! { } | ...?   But even if everything non alpha-numeric was made
special, that would still never be enough for future potential needs.

Keep the -t to specify xxx and use it, and once you've made that decision,
adding a suitable -o (whatever xxx needs) is no issue at all.

kre