GSOC Project Discussion : Audio visualizer for the NetBSD base system

Hello, My name is Eshan Kelkar and I would
like to create the Audio visualizer for the NetBSD
base system as a GSOC project. I  went through
the "NetBSD audio - an application perspective"
presentation which lists the audio libraries that NetBSD
supports according to which GStreamer is supported on
NetBSD.

Currently I have created small prototypes to implement
functionalities listed in the project description like getting
Amplitude vs Frequency data from a sound source and
playing back through speakers what is captured through
a microphone using GStreamer's plugins.

Please give suggestions on :
1. What audio library is preferred for this particular
project.
2. Desired functionalities apart from the ones
listed in the project description.

This will help me in learning how to use that library
and how to implement those functionalities using the
suggested library before sending in the proposal.

Thank You,
Eshan Kelkar