Re: Possible "new" redirect style for /bin/sh (needs a name)

I'm not citing the message since I will not add anything constructive.

Thank you for taking the time to explain the intricacies of the
implementation. I missed at least two things (excluding the syntax
blunder...): backward compatibility (including with the present
implementation; for a not POSIX defined feature, my FWIW fealing is that
there can be a variation if there is some compelling reason---security)
and system.

So OK, what I was suggesting can be ignored.

And FWIW---I don't think I'm a typical user---I rely on NetBSD' sh(1)
for my system scripting and as a POSIX reference implementation, but
use only POSIX defined features. Since there will always be some
"bash'ism" not present, adding the feature will probably not allow
sh(1) to replace bash(1) for Linuces' pkgsrc packages. So the
increased size of the program is probably more of a concern especially
for installations in space constrained environment.

Not worth more than my two cents.

Best regards,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/