Re: Proposal to import window(1) into the base

On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 17:12:39 +0200
Kamil Rytarowski <kamil%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> I propose to import window(1) into the base.
>
> tmux is a similar program to tmux, but much simpler and traditional in
> the BSD environment. Personally I use tmux as a screen replacement for
> detached consoles, but for management of windows I prefer window(1).
> window(1) does one thing and does it well.

window(1) was removed in NetBSD-6.0, almost 9 years ago. I think most
users have, begrudgingly or not, migrated to tmux(1). There is little
merit in resurrecting window after this much time has passed. Unless
it covers a specific use case that tmux cannot support my opinion is
that it should stay in pkgsrc.

-Tobias