Re: Weekday abbreviations in output of cal(1)

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 11:29:10AM -0700, Paul Goyette wrote:
> Also note that when using ``cal -r'' it still displays 5 lines of
> output, even though only 3 (or 4) lines contain any day-numbers.
> This results in somewhat excessive vertical white-spacing.

When outputting a full year (and possibly in other cases where more
than one "row" of months is output) the fixed number of display
lines per month looks more pleasing to the eye, I think.

But in the single "row" case it would probably be fine to suppress
the empty lines.  It would seem unlikely that anything depends on
the fixed number of output lines.  What do you think?

https://www.netbsd.org/~kim/cal-suppress-empty-output-lines.diff