Re: Restrict mtree to specific directories

On Tue, Jun 02, 2020 at 04:14:20PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> So in above example I could create a "onlyfile" containing something like:
>
> 	./var
> 	./var/*
> 	./var/*/*
> 	./var/*/*/*
> 	./var/*/*/*/*
> 	./var/*/*/*/*/*
>
> or so I thought - but (a) it does not work and (b) I don't know how deep some
> future mtree spec file will be below var.

So this -O onlyfile only works if I create a specfile from a directory
hierachy. If something does not match a pattern in "onlyfile" the fts node
is marked as FTS_SKIP and the search will not descend down that directory.
[which also means only a single entry in the above example should have been
needed].

Nothing in mtree matches against the specfile entries, so there is no way
to filter those out.

Should this be considered a bug?

Martin