Re: PATCH libatomic

On Thu, May 07, 2020 at 05:43:02AM +0200, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> Lack of libatomic is increasingly hard to deal with. This library
> implements function calls for atomic operations.

I'm sure you have done the research on why the existing arguments
against providing libatomic are wrong. For some reasons, you have missed
including them in your email.

> Personally I stopped testing sanitizers year ago as they required
> libatomic. We want libatomic for LLDB in base. Rewritting everything to
> stop using libatomic is no viable as this is a standard C11/C++14 feature.

LLDB doesn't need libatomic. It needs a patch to fix the timer
implementation to not require 64bit atomics. Which is exactly one of the
original points that libatomic hides major performance issues and
amusingly in this case, even in time sensitive code.

Joerg