Re: wedge device to name

christos%astron.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas) writes:

>I added that to df, but it needs root/operator in order to access the
>device node to get wedge info. I also wrote a patch to expose the
>wedge info via sysctl:

Alternatives ?

Expose via an enhanced statvfs() syscall. After all df is a user interface
for that syscall. It would at least allow in theory to return a copy
of the exact mount path.

Use drvctl(4) to expose such data. XML haters won't like it, but
we already use it to get driver details and future enhancements would
be trivial.

Either could be hidden in getvfsstat() with a special flag, so
details don't have to be spread over client programs.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost