Re: wedge device to name

On Sep 18,  2:57pm, Michael van Elst wrote:
}
} >Is there a reason why we do not translate wedges devices to their name?
} >I mean, df and mount report about /dev/dkN, which is not very helpful
} >since it can change quickly. Reporting about NAME= seems a better idea.
}
} >In order to do it, we need a reverse getfsspecname(), and use it everywhere
} >reasonable: df mount swapctl raidctl ... other ideas?
}
} It's not necessarily a good idea to hide the dk devices, so that probably
} needs to be an optional output. Also because there are people parsing
} such output and expect a device path.

     We just need the device path to be the name, which it already
is for LVMs.  This is something that a devfs could do easily.  :->
More seriously, I do believe that a devfs would be a good thing.

}-- End of excerpt from Michael van Elst