Re: Add curses_version() in curses(3)

On 29/08/2019 14:27, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
On 29.08.2019 15:23, Roy Marples wrote:
On 29/08/2019 14:19, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
In my opinion artificial versioning (1.0.0) of native code adds no
interesting information and adds burden on us for superfluous versioning
model, orthogonal to __NetBSD_Version__.

Adding extra versioning would make sense if we could maintain curses(3)
out of the NetBSD context.

Minix and Void Linux use NetBSD curses, so yes it does make sense.
That does actually beg the question though - should we keep the version
in sync with the NetBSD release where it lives?

Minix uses just the NetBSD userland as it is. No need to do anything here.

For netbsd-curses, ported to Linux. It could be handled downstream
(probably appending a date of snapshot) if some other people would find
it useful.

But it's not our problem in src/.

New patch.

Cannot get version.c to depend on sys/sys/param.h for love nor money.
Can't get .PATH or .PHONY to work :/
Ideas on a postcard to fix that.

Roy