Re: NetBSD truss(1), coredumper(1) and performance bottlenecks

    Date:        Fri, 24 May 2019 20:29:03 +0700
    From:        Robert Elz <kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost>

And now that I look at this again (unrelated to the issue
of what the trace was showing reading one byte at a time)
I wonder what this is doing...

  |         if [ -n "${BUILDINFO}" ]; then
  |                 printf "%b\n" "${BUILDINFO}" | \
  |                 while read -r line ; do
  |                         [ -s "${line}" ] && continue
  |                         statusmsg2 "BUILDINFO:"  "${line}"
  |                 done
  |         fi

That
	[ -s "${line}" ] && continue

is testing the line from BUILDINFO for being the name of a file
that isn't empty, and if so, that line is skipped.

Is that what it really wants to be doing, or should the -s be -z
(ignore empty lines) ??

kre