Re: colorls in base

This is getting OT...

On 2/17/19 11:18 PM, Christos Zoulas wrote:
On Feb 17, 2019, at 4:49 PM, John Nemeth <jnemeth%cue.bc.ca@localhost> wrote:

On Feb 17, 10:33am, Christos Zoulas wrote:
} On Feb 17, 11:45am, chris%groessler.org@localhost (Christian Groessler) wrote:
} | On 2/17/19 5:52 AM, John Nemeth wrote:
} | > } We resist also personal taste but aesthetics is also important for
} | > } many/most(?) people. For the some reason probably nobody deliberately
} | > } watches black-white TV and old valuable movies are now often painted.
} | >
} | >       Many people consider this to be ruining them.
} |
} | +1
}
} Both the original and the colorized versions are available. Colorizing them
} opens them to new audiences who would have never seen them otherwise.

     Why can't new audiences watch them in the original format for
which they were designed to be viewed?  Movies are a form of art.
Should we be changing the colours on a Picasso to match modern
tastes?
They might eventually want to see the originals, but then again they might not.
They are better off either way compared to not seeing them.

No. To me, if someone doesn't watch a movie just because it's in b/w, he/she deserves no better.

And I guess the original director was not involved in the color conversion and/or gave authorization.

IMO, this is - excuse the word - "raping" the original artwork.

regards,
chris