Re: Re-establishing the "magic" of the special vars in sh(1)

> So, one solution to this might be to add a new builtin command
> something like this:
>
>     specialvar variable ...
While I concur that there's a problem to be solved (looks like it may even
be a security problem to setenv RANDOM or the like), I guess such a change
will only make sense if being widely adopted (like in "evey sensible shell
has it" or "it's POSIX").
Do you happen to know what other shell's authors think about this?
Would it be more promising to suggest a new option to the "unset" command?
Through NIH syndrome, one may end up with specialvar, makespecial, isspecial,
unset -S and unset -s otherwise.