Re: colorls in base

At 19:47 Uhr +0000 15.02.2019, maya%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:
>I for one am quite fed up with how I have to replace around 30% of base
>to get a usable setup.

Yes. We've all been there, and I feel your pain.

> my set of substitutions are:
>
>- g95 -> gfortarn, because we don't default to modern fortran.
>- xsrc -> modular xorg, because I want graphical acceleration to work
>  and old OpenGL isn't good
>- default modular xorg fonts -> noto-ttf, dejavu-ttf
>- change default console font to a readable one (firacode for me)
>- default wm not being a usable option
>- manually configure HiDPI because it isn't automatically detected

Now, I don't care about any of the above, except for the X11 window
manager. And I won't list my standard replacements, because you (or anybody
else) would not care about them in return.

Because people's sets of preferred tools don't intersect much, the powers
that be conceived pkgsrc.

>I can't hand netbsd to a stranger because I can't expect them to make
>the same substitutions themselves.

sysinst offers installing pkgin. Have them install their preferred tool
packages (maybe we should have "meta/linux-look-and-feel"?), prefix PATH
with ${LOCALBASE}/{s,}bin, und fertig ist der Lack*.

Cheerio,
hauke

(*) "Bob's yer uncle."