Re: deleting telnet/telnetd

On Dec 20,  1:25am, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
} On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 09:24:35AM +0900, Rin Okuyama wrote:
} > On 2018/12/20 7:08, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
} > > On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, David Holland wrote:
} > >
} > > > On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 01:36:48PM -0800, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
} > > > > Telnet is used every day and most of the use cases can use nc.
} > > > >
} > > > > I wish you'd get rid of it because that would mean I can resign and
} > > > > delete NetBSD and get rid of a lot of old hardware.
} > > >
} > > > You realize I'm not one of the deletionists, right?
} > >
} > > Yeah, I'm just tired of listening how the sky is falling. I'm off of IRC
} > > and I'm going to quit reading the mailing lists for a while.
} > >
} >
} > +1
} >
} > David, do you understand your attitude is one of the best
} > example of "bad communication" without dirty word?
}
} I don't think that is fair to say.
} Swear words are meant to hurt.

     Not necessarily.  Some people use them as filler words and
insert them randomly into otherwise peaceful conversations.
Personally I think they have no place in pretty much any conversation
(and definitely no place where professional decorum is expected)
and demonstrate a lack of intelligence on the part of the user (or,
at least a lack of vocabulary).

} David's attitude is originating from him feeling that the sky is
} falling, and isn't intended to make you feel bad (but happens to).

     Except that there isn't any credible evidence that the sky is
falling.  Simply being old, and possibly icky, code doesn't count.

}-- End of excerpt from maya%netbsd.org@localhost