Re: deleting telnet/telnetd

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 10:14:47PM +0000, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
> Relax, the end conclusion was not to delete it. To maintain it until a
> replacement comes in. Please help test the replacement if it is written,
> to ensure it works for your case.

- Given an exploit, it's still going to be an uninteresting. It's
  passive and will work for a very small population.
  We are in a world where Equifax had a vulnerable Apache Struts
  instance for several months (they are not alone).
- Let's all get together some time, it's hard to offset negative
  interaction by text.
- We still care about people who run on weak hardware
- Yes I know that telnet is useful for testing remote servers
- There was a precedence by OS X, we aren't doing this though.
- PuTTY is nice
- dh is somewhat frustrated and doesn't have enough energy, this is
  contagious and makes you want to quit everything.
- This deletionist attitude is frustrating if it touches things you
  care/d about.
- Not deleting telnet client w/o replacement satisfying everyone.