Re: Ecessive use of PWD command in /usr/bin/ftp

    Date:        Sun, 19 Nov 2017 22:56:53 +0000
    From:        maya%netbsd.org@localhost

  | oooh. cool. I've switched a bunch of pkgsrc mirrors to default to HTTP
  | because of how bad that was on a high latency connection, would be neat
  | if we can avoid it!

The change is ready to commit (tested, seems to work just fine) just
waiting for the weekend to be over in case there's anyone out there who
hasn't been reading e-mail in the past couple of days, and who might
have opinions.

But I'm not sure it will necessarily help a lot - I'd only expect the
extra PWD commands to really be causing any kind of major problem in
circumstances where a lot of small files need to be fetched - for big files,
the file transfer time (which all being equal, should be about the same
for HTTP or TCP, they're both just sending the data over a TCP connection)
is going to dominate.

kre