Re: Default PAGER -> less

> Am 10.09.2017 um 08:25 schrieb Robert Elz <kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost>:
>
> You can just set your PAGER to be less, in your private startup
> files, and change nothing else, right?
>
> This is one of those "which do you prefer x or y...?" type questions that
> has no right answer.

Imo, It is about sane defaults.  This is not about taste.  With more you "fall off" the
man page on the last page, with less you can scroll back, you "stay in" the man page
until you explicitely quit.

Manual pages are sth you usually browse a bit in, reading it quickly through, then
manpage until explicitely stopping makes sense.