Re: kdump -E for time elapsed since the beginning of trace

On Thu, Sep 07, 2017 at 05:18:11 +0300, Valery Ushakov wrote:

> I'd like to add kdump -E option to print timestamps as time elapsed
> since the beginning of trace.

I have committed a different set of changes to the same effect.

I dropped support for v0 (NetBSD 3) and v1 (NetBSD 5) traces.  Note
that at least on 32-bit platforms v2 kdump probably never handled them
correctly.  When time_t was bumped to 64-bit, struct timespec changed
size, so v2 ktrace headers are larger.  I haven't checked, but that
probably didn't happen on 64-bit hosts where long timespec::tv_nsec
forced 64-bit alignment, so tv_sec could grow into that pre-existing
padding.

I also added the fix to print negative relative times correctly.
Thanks to riastradh@ for his comments on that!

Why does time go backwards for that second entry in the trace is a
separate question.

-uwe