Re: Future shell work - comments reqyuested

> That's quite the editorial liberty you've taken there.
> I'm speaking of our Almquist derivative, not dash.

To fully quote from TLS's statement and your reply:

In the direction you seem to be headed lies the true and vivid idiocy of
the Debian shell, which is *larger* than our shell (depending on platform
and compiler flags, etc.) yet strips out functionality every other modern
shell offers, such as command line editing -- for purely doctrinaire
reasons, since after all, these features were in what they started with.
<TLS

> and compiler flags, etc.) yet strips out functionality every other modern
It does not strip functionality, it never implemented it.  If you want a
modern shell's features, use a modern shell.
<I

> It sounds like you've encountered bugs.  Where, pray tell?
Look at bin/48875 and judge yourself.