Re: Shipping SSL certificates in the base system

On Mon, Jul 03, 2017 at 12:45:17AM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> The only problem I see is that outdated timezone data doesn't
> necessarily have a real world impact. Outdated root CAs can.

Most of the time, outdated things in a system is dangerous. Known
security vulnearbilities accumulate over the time, and outdated
CA are just a bit of that problem.

Oudated stuff that is not a security hazard, like timezone data,
is rather scarce.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost