Re: tic and a directory terminfo layout

On 09.05.2017 16:50, Roy Marples wrote:
> On 09/05/2017 12:51, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
>> I don't have a preference, but I'm surprised that our single .cdb
>> approach is going to be hybrid with support for ncurses layout.
>
> Other ideas welcome on how to allow pkgsrc to integrate terminfo
> descriptions.
>
> Roy

Are we far from just integrating these custom definitions present today
in pkgsrc into our base database? They aren't AGPLv3 or similar. Merging
existing ones and give an option to add a custom one into our base
terminfo database on demand (MESSAGE for a user) looks liek the best
option to me. I assume new definitions are rather rarely created.

$TERMINFO could be supported as an alternative (backup, testing, ...)
.cdb database that could be specified in env(1).

This is a point of view of a user / consumer of terminfo.