Re: Changing disk image boot options without root privileges

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 10:31:32PM +0300, Andreas Gustafsson wrote:
> David Young wrote:
> > installboot can run on a disk image directly, unless there has
> > been some regression.
>
> It works with a file system image, but not with a disk image where the
> boot partition starts at a nonzero offset, which is the typical layout
> on i386 and amd64.

Easy to work around this with dd -- it's basically what it was originally
designed for!

Admittedly the temporary files generated by this workflow may be rather
large.

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls%panix.com@localhost

  "We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
   aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others."      - H.L.A. Hart