Re: Trouble with ASan

On Tue 07 Feb 2017 at 21:40:21 +0000, coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
> I get the impression I should be compiling everything with asan,
> but it's unclear to me how to start to build all of netbsd this
> way.

Which version of clang were you using? I have one from pkgsrc and it
claims

  /usr/pkg/bin/clang -fsanitize=address -o
  CMakeFiles/cmTC_8691b.dir/testCCompiler.c.o -c
  /home/rhialto/bzr/ctwm/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/testCCompiler.c

  clang-3.8: error: unsupported option '-fsanitize=address' for target
  'x86_64-unknown-netbsd7.0'

I was trying asan, since there is also no Valgrind for NetBSD :-(

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.