Adding ftp to master.passwd and group

Hi List!

While setting up a new server for FTP access, I found that:

  *  We ship a FTP server in the base system.
  *  We supply /var/spool/ftp as a recommened skeletion for anon FTP.
  *  We DO NOT supply a ftp user in master.passwd (or group).

Is there a reason for this? Surely we just need to supply a FTP user to
complete the easy setup of anon FTP server. Any objections to me adding
this?

Roy