Re: curses: Home key sends 0x162 in tmux

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 10:20:21PM +0100, Carsten Kunze wrote:
> Brett Lymn <blymn%internode.on.net@localhost> wrote:
>
> > What does the output of infocmp look like?  Curses pulls the definitions
> > of the keys from the terminfo entry.  If that has mapped HOME to mean
> > BEGIN (which doesn't sound unreasonable) then that is what curses will
> > do.
>
> At first infocmp in xterm (where it works):

well, produces what you expect :)

in xterm we see:

>         khome=\EOH

so ESC OH will return a home key symbol.

> infocmp in tmux is:

But here we see:

>         kbeg=\E[1~
>         khome=\E[1~

So, we have two keys that map to ESC [1~ so it would depend entirely on
how the termcap is processed as to which leaf symbol is assigned to the
escape sequence.  Looking at the source, the khome symbol gets assigned
first so that gets the key sequence.

This looks to be a bug with tmux, it really shouldn't be overlaying key
escape sequences - you can't return both.

--
Brett Lymn
Let go, or be dragged - Zen proverb.