Re: sched_protect(2)

Hi Christos, hi Charles,
maybe I have some little good updates. Feel free to use them only if they can be useful.

> Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2016 at 5:47 PM
> From: "Christos Zoulas" <christos%zoulas.com@localhost>
> To: "Rocky Hotas" <rockyhotas%post.com@localhost>, "Charles Cui" <charles.cui1984%gmail.com@localhost>
> Cc: "tech-userlevelnetbsd.org" <tech-userlevel%netbsd.org@localhost>
> Subject: Re: sched_protect(2)
>

> Sounds good... But nevertheless try pattern-matching... I.e. see what other
> man pages do, or man 7 mdoc

Yes, sure, I've already done it with the pages in /usr/share/man and I tried to write a test manpage.
Maybe my main trouble was with the GitHub system; it was also not immediate to find the files :), anyway now I succeded in making an attempt to modify the sched.3 manpage.
You can find attached my new version, where I simply added in the sched_protect section (line 158 of the source file):

Note: if
.Fa priority
is set to \-1, the original priority of the caller thread is restored.

I intentionally wrote nothing in the section DESCRIPTION (where the integer value sched_priority is described). Do you prefer to insert something even there, instead?

I can't understand what do you mean about "popping a level" (do you mean maybe that the previously set priority integer is "taken away" from memory?). Moreover: when the functions are listed in the various sections of the man page, they are not in an alphabetical order. Is this desirable, or do you usually prefer to reorder them?

Christos said to create links such that "man sched_protect" will work. But here

https://github.com/ycui1984/posixtestsuite/blob/master/patches/PRIOPROTECT/0008-man-pages-for-sched_protect.patch

both distrib/sets/lists/comp/mi and lib/librt/Makefile already have a reference to sched_protect. Is there any other link to be specified? (I never compiled a package with manpages).
Forgive my inexperience and feel free to trash the attached file if you think it is not appropriate.
Anyway, for any modifications of that man page (adding words, comments) I am now able to edit the file, if I can use this mailing list instead of GitHub.
Bye :)!

Rocky