Re: makemandb: Error in indexing /usr/pkg/man/man3/libarchive_changes.3

Hi Edgar,

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 4:18 PM, Edgar Fuß <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost> wrote:
> On a 6.1_STABLE system, I'm getting
>         makemandb: Error in indexing /usr/pkg/man/man3/archive_write_filter.3
>         makemandb: Error in indexing /usr/pkg/man/man3/libarchive_changes.3
> but the files look OK to me.

Just checked, those pages have been failing to index for me too. The
NAME section in those two man pages doesn't have any description
(missing .Nd), which is causing the failure. makemandb(8) doesn't
index pages with missing .Nd because that is the most important
information in a man page (when it comes to search). I think we should
get the man pages fixed upstream?

(I'm also thinking we could let makemandb index such pages and just
report a warning about problem with the man page).

-
Abhinav