Re: pidfile_lock(3)

On Sunday 20 March 2016 09:26:23 Michael van Elst wrote:
> roy%marples.name@localhost (Roy Marples) writes:
> >So I've created pidfile_lock (patch attached) to address these problems.
>
> Does it work on NFS root?

I've not tested it especially, but I would assume so as flock(2) makes no note
of it not working on NFS. Neither does the one gnats PR I found open for flock.

If it doesn't work than that's a pretty serious omission from flock(2) man
page.

Saying that, I'm not really bothered about any remote lock on a remote fs,
just as long as it can lock correctly on the host.

Roy