Re: Per thread locales

On Tue, 29 Dec 2015, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 06:43:57PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> > - we lack basic functionality such as collation
> > - xlocale support
>
> We have xlocale support.

and so I wondered what "xlocale support" is

% man xlocale
man: no entry for xlocale in the manual.
% apropos xlocale
Xorg (1)        X11R7 X server
...XSight Streams pipe, and ISC Streams pipe, respectively.  You can
select a single mechanism (e.g. XLOCAL=NAMED ), or an ordered list (e.g.
XLOCAL="NAMED:PTS:SCO"). his variable overrides the compiled-in defaults.
For SVR4 it is recommended...
% apropos locale_t
apropos: No relevant results obtained.
Please make sure that you spelled all the terms correctly or try using
better keywords.

Ok, so I see prototypes in ctype.h, wctype.h, wchar.h ... added by joerg
nearly three years ago. But, you have not added manpages for any of this
stuff yet! please do so..

iain