Re: netbsd-7 kernel and older vnconfig(8)

    Date:        Tue, 10 Nov 2015 06:26:36 +0100
    From:        manu%netbsd.org@localhost (Emmanuel Dreyfus)

  | Would it make sense for the kernel to lookup /dev/vnd%d and return ENXIO
  | if it does not exist? Such a code being #ifdef COMPAT_NETBSD6 of course.

No, device pathnames should be kept well clear of the kernel, and in any
case that wouldn't really solve the problem that Christos' "doesn't work"
referred to.

I think the way it is now, after Christos fixed it, is as good as it is
going to get.

Try a current kernel (very current) with NetBSD 6 userland, or put
the latest src/sys/dev/vnd.c (1.252) in a NetBSD 7 kernel, and try that with
your NetBSD 6 userland.

kre