Re: strsuftoi(3), strsuftou(3) proposal in libc

On 11/1/15 5:27 PM, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> It's already done - libnbcompat in pkgsrc. Just write your program
> with NetBSD libc API and use libnbcompat for whatever POSIX-like
> platform. This is how I'm doing it - no big magic.

Hi, Kamil.

Interesting; I'd seen references to libnbcompat, but I had assumed it
was just something to make the pkgsrc bootstrap portable.  I didn't know
it was intended to be used in this way.  Thanks!

However, if libnbcompat already exists, then what is the libc extensions
library Jan Danielsson was referring to?  How is that different from
libnbcompat?

Thanks!

Lewis