Re: gettext(1) implementation

On 06/07/2015 12:51 AM, Marc Balmer wrote:

Am 02.06.15 um 21:54 schrieb Joerg Sonnenberger:
On Tue, Jun 02, 2015 at 09:47:44PM +0200, Marc Balmer wrote:
Am 01.06.15 um 08:21 schrieb William Orr:
Hey,

For testing some of my changes, I ended up writing a BSD-licensed gettext(1)
implementation. I'm not sure how useful people will find it, but I found it
very useful for testing gettext extraction.

Currently, I've implemented the same features that exist in the GNU gettext(1)
command. I'm thinking of adding more (easier message context support, for one)
if this gets merged.

Does it contain Lua support, i.e. extracting messages from Lua programs,
as GNU gettext does?

Wrong tool.

What exactly do you mean with "wrong tool"?

gettext is a tool that will translate messages passed on the command line.

xgettext is the tool that extracts internationalized strings from source code.