Re: iflag/oflag for dd(1)

On 2015-03-16 16:43, Matt Sporleder wrote:
On Mar 16, 2015, at 12:08 AM, Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

Hello

Linux's dd(1) has iflag and oflag operands to specify the O_* flags that should be given to open(2) for the input and output file. It works like
this:
[..]
Anyone against adding the feature? I can craft a patch if it is
desirable.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz

Sounds pretty cool but not sure when I would use it.

It comes in very handy for writing bootable SD card images, among other things (but that's my primary use for it).

Cheers,

kjw