Re: pwait(1) added

Christos Zoulas wrote:
> It is a tool from FreeBSD that lets you wait for a set of abtrary pids
> to exit. Do you think this tool is useful or should I remove it? Joerg
> asked for a timeout feature. Is that something that should be added?
>
> https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?pwait
>
> Thanks,
>
> christos

For the timeout functionality there is already timeout(1) in the base.

Joerg asked in another mail for something non trivial for a basic process,
something I would do in a high-level scripting language (Perl, Python).

Just to note: FreeBSD upgraded timeout(1) in their svn, it's worth for a
developer with commit rights to cherry-pick their improvements.

Why not to cross-reference pwait(1) and timeout(1)?