Re: power control on USB port

Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Do we have a way to control the power supplied to a USB port from
> userland? I have an arduino board attached that seems to crash and I
> would like to power cycle it from the host. Is it possible?

AFAIK, NetBSD does not currently have a way to do this from userland.
Linux does, so it should be possible to add it to NetBSD, too.  You
also need a hub that supports power control (not all do).

Under Linux, I have successfully used the power_ctrl.py script from

  http://www.gniibe.org/development/ac-power-control-by-USB-hub/index.html

--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson%gson.org@localhost