Re: Compiling Linux under emulated environment

It's enabled and compiled.  I've run … wait… … no… apparently that works… terribly sorry, that does work,

  I feel bad for asking, now, it seems I just have to get some tools installed, now.  I'm afraid I'm at a loss for part of the reason of my asking the question, now.  This was only part of a tangent project, and the failure I remember seeing, a few weeks ago, was wrong kernel version about something I was trying to install, so I wanted to build for the NetBSD version of Linux kernel.
  I am trying to find a workaround for NetBSD pkgsrc/ham/fldigi serial port problems, which I'm far from being able to think about making even kernel questions intelligently about, because I can't get the pkgsrc NetBSD i386 serial port to connect to my radio, where it works fine in Debian.  I tried changing some code in an fldigi build separate from pkgsrc, and was able to make a lot more serial ports show up than previous (/dev/tty0[0-3]) but none of them worked, either, giving I/O error from hamlib, and a different failure from RigCAT (timeout of some sort).  So I had been thinking I should try to build fldigi under /emul/linux to see if it would find /emul/dev/tty*, but now that I see chroot works, I feel I may have missed something drastic along the way, though that isn't completely certain, since I did recently upgrade to 6.1.5, which may have changed the success of my chroot due to some library alteration during the upgrade.
  So that's the situation that led me to ask, which I had been planning on trying to ask about in small bits, with the first a side shot where I would try to get a program called "manauton" built while trying to learn the technical aspects of building under /emul/linux, then working into questions about the serial ports, then trying to see if I could weasel some knowledge about any possibility of upgrading the kernel emulation linux kernel version, but now I guess I just need to get tools installed, hopefully successfully, to try it out more of the first half while I think things through more. I have been trying to install packages with pkgsrc/misc/dpkg and/alternately slackware packages, but I must say, usually I have been getting failures, which I haven't kept precise track of, yet, since I have had trouble finding documentation on setting up the emul/linux how I had hoped it would work (eventually I hope to find more information on the possibility of installing more than one emul/linux, as well, since I had wanted to try a CLFS build, as well as an old version of redhat that I had previously successfully built/run "manauton" on.  So now I really am sorry, since a huge can of possibly seemingly unrelated problems has spilled out when I had just intended to ask only one question that may no longer be a valid one.  Thanks for any of your time, and if any of the above seems interesting, or better redirected to another list, I'd appreciate your help.

(The fldigi problem is about an attempt to make contacts with a QRP ham radio that I have yet to make any good distance with, hoping digital would extend my success, and though Debian works fine, I haven't tried it in the field, yet, and I do want it to work with NetBSD, which I like for various reasons).

Dustin Kick
KC9MEL