Re: Alternative to hash-bang

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 22:31:53 +0200
Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> There are two typical approach for this and IMO both work well enough.
> The first ione is to just teach the "interpreter" about the hash bang,

That's the suggestion on the PG list.  It led me to think about
generalizing it.

> possibly under an option. That works well for things like psql. The
> second option is to make it an actual shell script, which extracts the
> content after a marker and calls the real tool.

That works if you call it as a script but it doesn't work for "psql -f
filename" which would be necessary if you want to be portable under
Windows.  On the other hand my suggestion makes it unportable to other
unices but if we did it it might catch on.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost