Re: const time authentication in bozohttpd

On 6/26/14, 6:31 PM, Terry Moore wrote:
> My suggestion only changes the timing of the *failed* authentication
> path. I don't know of any reason why you would want that to be fast,
> especially if authenticating for a computer as the client.

Hi, Terry.

Ah, I see now.  I was thinking the timing for all authentication paths,
successful and failure, needed to be indistinguishable, but I see
now that that's not the case.  The successful path can be as fast as
possible, but all *failure* paths need to be indistinguishable so as to
avoid leaking.  Now I get it.  Sorry for being slow on this.  Thank you
for your continued explanation and patience.

> Is there a reason that "fast authentication denial" is desirable?

For me, no.

Best,

Lewis