Re: Alignment of small memory allocations returned by malloc(3)

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 09:48:15PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> I still don't see the point of the GCC behavior and I don't agree with
> the standard interpretation.

For alpha, at least, the change makes a lot sense and improves code
significantly.

The standard language is poor, but the answer to the DR clearly states
"any object". The real point here would be to tell them "this is an error
in the standard", and once they agree and change it, we can reconsider.

Martin