Re: The lamentation of proplib(3)

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 09:02:43PM +0100, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
 > Replacement ain't that easy, proplib(3) is used throughout the tree
 > in multiple places, and they are parts where a full-scale
 > replacement is not trivial (quotas for one).

Quotas don't use proplib. All the quota proplib stuff was ripped out
before -6 was branched.

Judging by how much work that was... ripping proplib out of everything
else would be slow going. But in many of the other cases, we don't
really need to rip out proplib entirely and redo everything, just
change over to whatever new simpler library we end up with.

The new library *does* need to be able to handle proplib xml blobs, at
least as compat code.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost