Re: in which we present an ugly hack to make sys/queue.h CIRCLEQ work

On Nov 24,  5:25am, Mouse wrote:
}
} Well, mrg wrote, when starting the thread,
}
} < while preparing to update to GCC 4.8 i discovered that our
} < sys/queue.h CIRCLEQ macros violate C aliasing rules, ultimately
} < leading to the compiler eliding comparisons it declared as always
} < false.
}
} which sure looks to me as though it's not just theoretical.  (I don't
} know personally; mrg's mail implies this was with gcc 4.8, which I
} don't run.)

     The work has now changed to GCC 4.8.2.  It is being prepped
for import.  The compiler work is basically done.  At this point,
it is mostly making sure that NetBSD builds and runs with it.
Since I'm not doing the work, I don't have a timeline, but it
shouldn't be too much longer (FSVO much longer).  This means that
sometime in the not too distant future anybody running -current,
or anybody that runs NetBSD 7.0 when it is released will be using
GCC 4.8.2 or later.

}-- End of excerpt from Mouse