Re: in which we present an ugly hack to make sys/queue.h CIRCLEQ work

>> Modulo some administrative details, it's just "no object in memory
>> may be accessed using more than one type".
> Ok ... I _think_ I see it.  But doesn't that mean that like 90% of
> the casts used by C programmers are totally wrong? :-)

Yes, or at least wrong by that metric.  (The other 10% are things like
casting to char * and copying as a sequence of bytes, which I think is
exempted, though I don't recall details.)

I'm not sure how I feel about the strict-aliasing rules.  On the one
hand, it breaks some long-standing traditions; on the other, they are
traditions I mostly think are better off getting broken.  I do not like
C's type sloppiness for the most part....

\ / Ribbon Campaign