Re: Lua for sysinst, next steps?

martin@ wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 11:06:25AM +0100, Marc Balmer wrote:
> > So what should be the next steps?  There are probably (hopefully...)
> > some folks around that want to step in and help with coding, so that
> > would mean to commit it, but then are of course as always those that say
> > "please don't commit until it is finished and polished" ;)  So I am
> > stalled now.
>
> I don't see why this shouldn't be commited - it basically is a complete
> first phase (not sure what other polishing would be needed), and you can
> deal with further phases on a branch.

If we can disable sysinst Lua support by USE_LUA=no, I think it's okay
to commit to head.  I could also help to fix possible Tier-II breakage.
(unless buildability persons complain daily failure)

But if we can provide test install images/isos with Lua enabled sysinst
(by "build.sh release install-image iso-image" or so) before commit
it will also help reviewers.

---
Izumi Tsutsui